Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Feline Supremacy

I don't hate cats, I actually respect them. But I don't really connect with them. Maybe it's because they make me feel like this is their world and they are just tolerating me a mere human. With dogs I feel more masterful. I get respect from my dog.
There is a cat at the neighborhood video store who is the perfect example of a "Feline Supremist". He is this big Orange Tabby named Martin after the infamous Filmmaker Martin Scorsese. When I say big I mean he must be a 30 pounder and you can't miss him. His basket is set up in the front window so that he can keep an I on the patrons as they enter and leave the premises. When Martin walks around the video store you know that he knows it is his territory. He has this heir about him that is so convincing, so powerful that if you for some reason couldn't see that he is a cat, You would have no doubt in your mind that he was the owner of the store.
There was a kitten at the same store for a time. He was grey and his name was Kirk. He is no longer there. I assume that perhaps he was hired on as a personal assistant to Martin and he was either let go or he just couldn't take the pressure of working for the big guy.
I often walk my dog to the video store. I have to tie her up to a pole outside the front door. She whines, whimpers and yelps the entire time I am in the store until I return. I am Master.

2 comments:

FieryCanuck77 said...

Funny, I love cats because of their Supremecy! :) I like their aloofness and their independance. We had a puppy and I couldn't stand it's constant need for attention, and all the slobber and being underfoot and whining. I have kids; I don't need an pet to act out what I already find frustrating!!!! LOL

Heidi said...

We used to walk to that video store with ally ALL THE TIME, tie her up and listen to her whine while we picked out our vid. Bad dog. Hasn't changed a bit.