Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

My Grandpa

I took my son to visit my grandpa, his great grandpa yesterday. He didn't complain about it because he is not quite 2 years old. The world still revolves around him. My grandpa is cool. He is 80 years old now and he gets along just fine. Well Grandpa has had more than his share of health problems. He has worn out 3 titanium knees, he beat colin cancer, then prostate cancer and just recently he had a quadruple bypass. To say that he is healthy might be a stretch but that man can heal! He has a good sense of humour about it all too. One of his favorite sayings is "I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning...except on the mornings that I eat ham and eggs". His son, my uncle passed away last year. It doesn't seem right that a parent should ever have to burry his child. He is making plans to deliver my uncles ashes to the grave site where my grandma is burried. It is also the site where Grandpa's parents are burried. He told me that itis where he is going to be burried too. He said that he has even bought the headstone and had his name put on it. But he didn't have the date put on yet because he didn't know when that would be!

No comments: