Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Intro

I have occasionally mused at the idea of blogging over the years, but never got to this point. Actually creating a blog was somewhat random. It happened this morning when I was tired of viewing status updates on Face book.

I thought of the name for no other reason than that Dog rhymes with Blog. I promise I am not going to try to mimic the Marley and Me theme and pretend that I am a columnist writing witty things about my experiences with my dog. Though strangely enough just after I signed up for the blog I took the kids and the dog to Hope River Slough to run around. The first thing they did was through the dog's tennis ball into the slough and the dog promptly went in after it. On our way home the soggy dog stunk up the minivan pretty good. I think I will now reffer to the van as the Soggy Dog Rod.

I am just going to post random thoughts, for now at least and then if a theme develops that is reader worthy I'll run with it. I could say that I am doing this just for me, as a diary of sorts. But really I am hoping that somehow my blog will go viral and advertisers will pay me to do nothing but sit in Starbucks and write updates. That is my true desire. Right now I am lying on m bed. If I were getting paid to do what I am doing right now I would consider it the perfect life. Of coarse I am a total newbie, I have no formal writing skills, I am pretty sure that I have only read one blog "boing boing" and I am not about review the latest gadgets, news and pop culture events. I'll just post urls to the sites that can do that stuff. boingboing.net

No comments: